With growing concerns surrounding The Coronavirus and COVID-19 we've received a number of local announcements. Below is an updated running list that may effect you and our community..
Helpful websites that will help you stay informed:
- CLICK HERE for information from Job Service ND regarding Unemployment Insurance and COVID-19.
- CLICK HERE for the most current Economy at a Glance from the Minot Area Chamber of Commerce.
North Dakota Coronavirus Hotline Number: 1-866-207-2880
*If you have news of a closing or postponement that is not included in the list below, please email MinotAreaPSA@iHeartMedia.com to get it added to the list.*
SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES!
CLICK HERE to support local businesses by buying their gift cards!
- Under Executive Order From The Governor - All ND Schools Will Be Closed TFN
- National ACT test- Rescheduled for June 13th
- National SAT test – Canceled
- Minot State University has announced a list of cancellations, with postponements listed in parentheses:
- March 17-20: Campus Visits
- March 19-20: HOSA 2020 Spring Leadership Conference
- March 19-20: Sodexo dining services, regular hours will resume March 23
- March 20: Kids Day at the Wellness Center
- March 24-25: 31st annual Spring Honor Dane & Powwow Celebration
- March 24 & 26: Conversations with Colleagues
- March 25-26: Student Government Association elections (postponed, date TBA)
- March 27: NSSHLA Conference (postponed until Oct. 2)
- March 27: Spring Fashion Show (postponed, date TBA)
- March 30: Occupational Wellbeing: Financial Wellness (postponed until April)
- March 31-April 1: MSU Career Fairs
- April 4: Preview Day
- April 7: No Excuse for Abuse Red Run
- April 23: Take Back the Night
- St. Mark’s Lutheran Church/Minot March 21st Mercy Meals Packing Event Postponed
- Faith UMC of Minot Taste of Heaven Soup Kitchen will be closed on March 23rd
- Minot Congregations Church breakfast for the homeless is canceled TFN
- Our Lady of Grace Food Pantry in in Minot is closed TFN
- St. Paul Lutheran in Garrison have suspended all in person activities TFN
- Carpio Lutheran Church Meatloaf Dinner has been canceled
- First Baptist Church in Minot has canceled all church services & activities TFN
- Bread of Life Lutheran Church in Minot has canceled services on March 21st and 22nd
- The Catholic Diocese of Bismarck has canceled all daily and Sunday Masses and the following:
- Communal Penance Services are canceled.
- Previously scheduled weddings will be limited to the bride and groom, their parents, two witnesses, and the priest or deacon.
- Funerals will be limited to immediate family only. No wakes and/or vigils will be held. No meals will be held in the church hall following funerals.
- Baptisms will be limited to ten people.
- Religious education classes are canceled until further notice.
ATHLETIC & EXTRACURRICULAR ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Minot Soccer Association winter skills session is canceled
- Minot Park District has cancelled public hockey and skating at the MaysaTFN
- National Archery in the schools program state tournament in Minot is canceled
- Tots on the Turf is closed
- Minot Fun Zone is closed
- Minot Family YMCA is closed TFN
- Ward County Library closed until March 23rd
- Williston Parks Department facilities are all closed through March 20th
- Minot Public Library is closed TFN
- McLean County Courthouse will be closed on Fridays
- Bismarck Event Center is closed TFN
- FARGODOME is closed TFN
- North Dakota State Capitol tours are canceled TFN
- 2020 Norsk Hostfest is canceled
- Cher concert at the FARGODOME is rescheduled for September 26th 2020
- Alice Cooper concert in Grand Forks is cancelled to be rescheduled
- All Aces at the Original Bar & Nightclub has been canceled
- The Lacs Show at the Original Bar & Nightclub rescheduled to July 11th
- The Fish Fry for Boy Scout's Troop 433 planned for March 27 is cancelled. The troop will appreciate that funds from selling the tickets will be donated, however the troop will provide the refunds for the tickets sold to all of those that wish to receive them. The opportunity for the refunds of the tickets will be provided from Tuesday, March 17 through Thursday, March 19 at Chiropractic Associates 720 20th Ave SW, Minot.
- Minot FFA Alumni Auction is canceled
- ND Governor’s prayer breakfast is postponed
- All Mouse River Enhanced Flood Projection Project Public meetings postponed
- ND Republican Party State Convention in Bismarck is canceled
- Companions For Children’s Martini Masquerade event is postponed
- Williston Basin Petroleum Conference in Williston rescheduled for Sept. 1-3
- Childcare Assistance is needed for the children of healthcare providers call 701-857-7841 if you can assist
- April 14th Minot Christian Women's Luncheon has been canceled
- The Fish Fry for Boy Scout's Troop 433 planned for March 27 is cancelled. The troop will appreciate that funds from selling the tickets will be donated, however the troop will provide the refunds for the tickets sold to all of those that wish to receive them. The opportunity for the refunds of the tickets will be provided from Tuesday, March 17 through Thursday, March 19 at Chiropractic Associates 720 20th Ave SW, Minot
- Wild Spirits Festival to be held 3/28/2020 at Roosevelt Park Zoo has been canceled
- 4 Bears Casino & Lodge are closed TFN
- Walmart has suspended 24 hour service/open 6:00 am to 11:00 pm daily
- Oak Park Movie Theatre is closed TFN
- Bremer Bank Lobby is closed/drive thru is open
- Dakota Bank Lobby is closed/drive thru is open
- Town & Country Credit Union Lobby is closed/drive thru is open
- Prairie Knights Casino & Resort closed TFN
- Sky Dancer Casino is closed TFN